Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chapter 10: Writing in Science response

If I was small enough to hitch a ride on a chromosome located in the cell of a plant that goes through mitosis and cytokinesis, I would be able to see things in a whole different perspective. First, during interphase, I would be able to see the cell growing and replicating its DNA centrioles. Next, during prophase, I would see the chromatin starting to condense into chromosomes. The centrioles would also separate as the spindle forms and the nuclear envelope would begin to disappear. Following prophase is metaphase, where the chromosomes would be able to connect to a spindle fiber in the center of the cell. During anaphase, I would be able to witness the sister chromatids moving away into their own chromosomes. Later, during telophase, the chromosomes begins to lose their shape and nuclear envelope begins to form again. As my ride is coming to a near end, I arrive during cytokinesis where duplication of the cytoplasm happens and the nuclear membrane forms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment