Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek: Chapter Six- Part Two

10-15 Things that I learned from "Pilgrim at Tinder Creek" by Annie Dillard:

Chapter Six: The Present

1. There is a simile on page 93 "hardwood, like a thickening coat mail".

2. There was another simile on page 93 "fattening like puppies for our deaths".

3. I also found another simile on page 94 "scalloped like a blade of a kitchen knife".

4. A motif I found was "universes within universes".

5. I learned that ethos is like ethics.


6. There was a lot of the different types of wind names on pages 98-99.


7. I also learned what crescendo meant. 


8. Dillard also mentioned a couple of people in this chapter.


9. The phrase on page 103, "tumbling live and about, over, under, around, between, through" were prepositions.


10. Dillard talks about not to dwell in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment