Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Response Journal: Chapter One

Prompt #1:
To me I see nature as peacefully, relaxing, and beautiful. Nature is a sweet escape from the world of technology. I am a beach person. I have gone camping before, and I enjoyed it very much. I despise spiders, ants, and many other bugs. I think that people should not hunt. I have planted a garden before with my mum. I have not watched a butterfly emerge from its cocoon.

Prompt #2:
What astounds me about nature is that whenever I look outside my window, I take time to marvel at how beautiful nature really is. Sometimes I would take a morning walk outside, and I could feel the warmth from the sun tingling on my skin. During my morning walks, I could also hear the tree leaves rustling, the birds chirping, and the cool breeze that occasionally turns my hair into a hot mess. Although nature can be beautiful, I feel that other times nature can be painful as well. Like the time sand flew into my eyes.

Prompt #3
After already reading the first chapter of Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard, I already felt that in this novel she wants to portray everything has a deep meaning behind it. I found it to be a hard read. Dillard's first focus on nature was "...power and beauty, grace tangled in a rapture with violence". I found it to be very dark and violent thought comparison.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment