Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Response Journal: Chapter Two

Prompt #4:
When I was reading Chapter Two, I noticed that there was a lot references to authors, philosophers, and books. I don't really read books as often as I liked myself to anymore. Dillard compares how people would react to a penny on a sidewalk to the simplicities in life. Because a penny is so small and little in value, most people would not bother to pick it up. People in the world does not give gratitude to small things in life, instead we focus on the complexities in life. It is simply the way how we to view things and how we decide to cherish the littlest of things that determines how our life would go. It would be your choices that will either lead you to a simple, happy, carefree life or a complicated, miserable, selfish life.

Prompt #5:
To be honest, I don't know half of the scholarly references Dillard mentioned. A reading habit I have is that I often forget to finish a book I have started. I enjoy reading books with a bit of mystery, romance, and drama. I don't have a list of authors or experts that I rely upon on. I don't really think that I have a personal philosophy. I trust people that would listen to what I have to say and I also trust people that cares about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment