Monday, July 21, 2014

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek: Chapter Ten

10-15 Things that I learned from "Pilgrim at Tinder Creek" by Annie Dillard:

Chapter Ten: Fecundity

1.Dillard thinks that "fecundity" is an ugly word, and I also learned what that word meant.

2. I learned that Queen Anne's lace is a plant.

3. I also learned that there is an odor to sex, and it smells earthy.

4. Dillard probably read The Great American Forest and The Annual Report of the Massachusetts Board of Agriculture, 1875.

5.There was an allusion on Rachel Carson on page 168.

6. There was an astronomy reference on page 169; "space twenty-five hundred light years".

7. I learned what ichneumon is.

8. Dillard thinks that one must die to evolve.

9. I found a consonance alliteration on page 180, "blamelessly, benevolently"

10. Themes in this chapter that I found were variety of forms and extravagance.

No comments:

Post a Comment